Smögen Symposia in the Past
The 15th Smögen Summer Symposium on Virology, which was held August 23-25, once again was a great success, gathering more than 130 delegates. The keynote lectures given by Nihal Altan-Bonnet amd Kartik Chandran were highly appreciated. The newly introduced "Lycke lecture" given by the 1997 Nobel laureate Stanley Prusiner, on the links between prions and diseases like Alzheimer´s and Parkinson´s, was also highly appreciated with many questions from the delegates. Furthermore, the excellent short oral and poster presentations resulted in many new networks, as witnessed by the vivid discussions during intermissions along the beautiful cliffs of Smögen.
• Programs from
14th Smögen Summer Symposium on Virology (2017)
12th Smögen Summer Symposium on Virology (2016)
11th Smögen Summer Symposium on Virology (2015)
10th Smögen Summer Symposium on Virology (2014)
9th Smögen Summer Symposium on Virology (2013)
maj 1, 2019 |
- 16th Smögen Symposium on Virology, Smögen, Sweden, August 22-24, 2019
- Scandinavian "ScanVir2019" meeting, Turku, Finland, June 3-5, 2019
- 7th European Seminar in Virology (EuSeV), Padova, Italy, June 14-16, 2019
- 22nd ESCV Annual Meeting, 2019, Copenhagen Sept 11-14, 2019.
- 9th European Meeting Viral Zoonoses, St. Raphael, France, Sept 29- Oct 2, 2019
see links to "Meetings" in the left panel
"Postdoc Scholarship in Molecular Virology and RNA Regulation, Lund University"
see link "Jobs" in the left panel
SSV News Letter
March 2019 issue
see link "News Letters" in the left panel
neurovirulence of enterovirus"
identified as key receptor for hantavirus"
SSV is now in partnership with the World Society of Virology (WSV)
SSV on Twitter can be found at
information on GDPR at following link